Be a Part of Something Bigger
Serving a Greater Purpose
As a family-owned company, we treat every employee as part of the family. We implement a dynamic team-oriented workflow to foster inclusivity and mutual respect for our people and the value they bring to our company.
Our operations are instrumental in the supply chains of critical industries, including ballistics, food, and pharmaceuticals. When working at Nexus, your efforts directly contribute to the success of essential and potentially life-saving functions.
Prioritizing What Matters
At Nexus, we put our people first. Our comprehensive benefits program ensures our team is covered. Our schedule and vacation plans keep a solid work-life balance, a key role in personal and professional growth.
What We Offer
Customer Support Specialist
Division/Department: Sales and Marketing
Location: Corporate Office, Hawthorne, NJ.
Type of Position: Full Time
Hours: 40-50 / Week
Nexus is seeking a person to join our sales and marketing team, who is naturally outgoing, enjoys interacting with others and is easy to get along with. He or she is also open-minded and able to adjust to different circumstances as well as accommodate others. A successful candidate follows rules, believes in him or herself, is organized and responsible, and also possesses significant emotional stability, which means that he or she is resilient and optimistic even in the face of difficult situations.
The successful candidate should have strong communication, organization, writing and problem solving skills. One should also be able to initiate and follow through on projects while at the same time, being able to accept guidance. Candidate will work both individually and as part of a team. Customer support staff is directly related to the marketing and sales function and are included in departmental meetings and strategy sessions.
Candidate should be mature, creative, highly motivated, resistant to stress, flexible, and empathetic. The ability to communicate persuasively, both orally and in writing, with other managers, staff, the customer base and potential prospects is vital. Candidates also need tact, good judgment, and exceptional ability to establish and maintain effective personal relationships with supervisory and professional staff members, current customers, and prospects.
Responsible for complementing and supporting all aspects of Nexus Plastics’ marketing and sales policies, objectives and initiatives, and ensuring customer satisfaction. Support the sales function by fielding customer inquiries…
– Support sales strategies and marketing efforts to obtain maximum sales volume
– Customer support requires the individual to work closely with a client base who can be difficult and demanding.
– Responsible for complementing and supporting all aspects of Nexus Plastics’ marketing and sales policies, objectives and initiatives, and ensuring customer satisfaction and successful business relationship
– Leverage knowledge of Nexus Plastics’ principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
– Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, completion of forms utilized for customer specifications, orders, complaints, and other office procedures and terminology.
– Communicating with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.
– Providing relevant information to sales and marketing personnel, supervisors, and customer support co-workers, by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
– Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
– Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
– Assist with the creation and submission of reports and maintain records of marketing and sales activity
– Promote satisfactory customer relations
– Job requires being honest and ethical.
– Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
– Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
– Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
– Job requires preferring to work with others rather than alone, and being personally connected with others on the job.
Bachelors Degree Preferred
Requires at least Associate’s Degree in Business Administration